What is a Shower Bomb? Picture all the benefits and luxuries of a bath bomb in your hand! A shower bomb has very similar ingredients to a bath bomb, with a few added benefits for your skin.
Some of the ingredients in our basic bath bombs are also in our shower bombs. Ingredients that are found in both are Baking Soda, Citric Acid, Cornstarch, Kaolin Clay & Polysorbate 80.
Some of the different ingredients in our shower bombs are as follows:
- Cocoa butter. Cocoa butter is rich in fatty acids, which can help hydrate and nourish the skin and can help with elasticity. Check out this article on the benefits of cocoa butter here.
- Sodium Alginate. What in the heck is that you ask? The short answer? It comes from brown seaweed. The long answer? Sodium Alginate is used in natural skin care products as an emulsion stabilizer. It can be known to help soften, hydrate, and soothe skin and leave it feeling silky and soft.
- Cream of Tartar is found in the sediment left over in the wine making process. It is used for our purpose as a hardening agent.
- Sweet Almond Oil is known for its moisturizing properties. You can read more about the benefits here.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate (SLSa) is the last ingredient that is different from our basic bath bombs. SLSa is derived from coconut and palm oil, so it's a natural product. It offers fantastic, rich lather to our shower bombs. You can read more here.
So now that we have the basics on the ingredients, lets talk about the shower bomb! Our shower bombs are going to come in approximately 2 oz single use disks. When I personally tested it, I used one that was 1.2 oz and got 2 full showers out of it. When you are ready, you will wet the shower bomb to activate it. It will foam and fizz. You can take the foam and scrape it off and rub it on your skin as a cleansing agent or you can take the bomb and rub it directly on your skin like soap! It has a very slight grit to it - less than sugar. Rub the lather on your body and then rinse off when done. If there is any shower bomb left, you can place in a soap dish to dry for next time.